MIFARE is NXP’s well-known brand for a wide range of contactless IC products with a typical read/write distance of 10 cm (4 inch) used in more than 40 different applications worldwide. With 150 million reader and 10 billion contactless and dual interface IC´s sold, MIFARE products are proven and more reliable than any other interface technologies in the market. This huge installed base of MIFARE products enables service providers to expand their offer while reducing the total costs and increasing users’ convenience.
MIFARE products comply with the international standard ISO/IEC 14443, which is used in more than 80% of all contactless smart cards today. Within the MIFARE product families, backwards compatibility ensures that the existing infrastructure can be smoothly upgraded to higher security and feature levels. To further extend the reach of MIFARE products, the MIFARE4Mobile Industry Group brings MIFARE applications onto NFC enabled mobile devices.
In its successful history, MIFARE products have established an excellent reputation and footprint as the leading contactless solution that delivers convenience, flexibility and scalability for application developers. Over 1,000 business partners are part of the open MIFARE community and ecosystem. In 2012, MIFARE solutions accounted for more than 80% of all contactless ticketing credentials deployed according to ABI Research
MIFARE – the leading brand of contactless IC products
- Established and running infrastructure in 736 cities around the world
- Market share of more than 77% in the automatic fare collection industry
- MIFARE can be used in more than 40 different applications
- More than 1,000 partners within the MIFARE community
- 1.2 billion people have access to MIFARE
- MIFARE is deployed in more than 210 million mobile phones
- 150 product types within 4 product families