MIFARE Plus EV2
As the next generation of NXP’s MIFARE Plus product family, the MIFARE Plus® EV2 IC is designed to be both a gateway for new Smart City applications and a compelling upgrade, in terms of security and connectivity, for existing deployments.
The innovative Security Level (SL) concept, along with the special SL1SL3MixMode feature, allow Smart City services to move from the legacy Crypto1 encryption algorithm to next-level protection. Special features, such as the Transaction Timer or card-generated Transaction MAC, address the need for enhanced security and privacy in Smart City services.
Operating MIFARE Plus EV2 in Security Layer 3 supports the use of NXP’s MIFARE 2GO cloud service, so Smart City services such as mobile transport ticketing and mobile access, can run on NFC-enabled smartphones and wearables.
- Public transportation
- Access management
- Closed-loop micropayment
- Campus and student ID cards
- Loyalty programs
- Innovative Security-Level concept for seamless migration from legacy infrastructures to high-level SL3 security
- Card-generated Transaction MAC on Data and Value Blocks to prove genuineness of transaction towards backend system
- AES 128-bit cryptography for authentication and secure messaging
- Transaction Timer to help mitigate man-in-the-middle attacks
- IC hardware and software certification according to Common Criteria EAL5+