MIFARE DESFire EV3
The features of the MIFARE® DESFire® EV3 IC reflect NXP’s continued commitment to secure, connected and convenient Smart City services. As part of the MIFARE DESFire family, the latest IC brings enhanced performance with a greater operating distance and improved transaction speed compared to its predecessors.
An extensive list of security features give MIFARE DESFire EV3 more ways to protect data and help ensure privacy. The IC hardware and software are certified to Common Criteria EAL 5+, and the IC supports a broad choice of open crypto algorithms based on DES, 2K3DES, 3K3DES, or AES. A new Transaction Timer feature, which can be used to set a maximum time per transaction, helps mitigate man-in-the-middle attacks.
Smart City services that run on a MIFARE DESFire EV3 IC can be deployed to NFC smartphones and wearables using NXP’s MIFARE 2GO cloud service, which manages digitized MIFARE product-based credentials and can enable contactless payments or access features using NFC-enabled devices.
- Public transportation
- Access management
- Closed-loop micropayment
- Campus and student ID cards
- Loyalty programs
- Flexible file structure hosts as many applications as memory size supports
- NFC Forum Tag Type 4 compliant
- SUN (Secure Unique NFC) message authentication for advanced data protection
- Card generated MAC to authenticate transactions
- Transaction Timer defends against man-in-the-middle attacks