Support Mifare Classic chip in Telefonos No NXP

Forum / MIFARE SDK / Support Mifare Classic chip in Telefonos No NXP

• 8. April 2016 at 3:39
    Let me know if you can use the SDK to read Mifare MIFARE Classic NFC phone cards that do not have chip NXP.
    My question arises because in the hardware requirements not specified:

"Hardware
    Any Android Mobile device with NFC Hardware With OS version 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich and above) & MIFARE Cards "

Thanks,
    Germán.
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Support Mifare Classic chip in Telefonos No NXP

8. April 2016 at 9:00
    Hi Germán,

The MIFARE Classic does use a special protocol which is not ISO14443-4 compliant (for historical reasons). Whether or not to implement this protocol is the decision of the manufacturer of the NFC controller. If the protocol is not supported, you cannot change this by software.

It is difficult to say which phone supports the MIFARE Classic and which not. But it is true, that all NFC controllers manufactured by NXP supports the Classic. If you have a MIFARE Classic and you are not sure if it is supported, please install the TagInfo app from Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nxp.taginfolite

If TagInfo detects the Classic properly, you know the phone works with the Classic.

Saludos,
    The MIFARE Team
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Support Mifare Classic chip in Telefonos No NXP

9. April 2016 at 1:09
    Thank you very much for such a clear answer!
    I used the APP TagInfo to verify whether or not support Mifare Classic, only when you have to look for phones that support is really difficult.

Germán.
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.