MIFARE DESFire EV1 Card Format

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / MIFARE DESFire EV1 Card Format

• 24. September 2019 at 17:36
    Okay, first and foremost, I am clearly an amateur with these cards formats. My company was acquired by another that uses these MIFARE cards and I am trying to get them to be read on our badge system. I am not sure what all information is needed to get them to work.

The cards can be read from out card readers, but the numbers are not even close to the ones on the card. I am unsure if this is an error on the reader or the server.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    TRENT
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: MIFARE DESFire EV1 Card Format

25. September 2019 at 10:13
    Hi Trenton,

The badges are part of the security system of your company. It can be assumed that the data on the card are protected with keys. Without knowing the keys, you might not be able to read any information.

If you want to have information about the card data structure, you must contact the card issuer.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

25. September 2019 at 17:41
    I appreciate your reply, but we also have some RFIdeas badge readers that are used on our MFPs, and they do read the card correctly without inputting any information. I assumed that the door readers would do the same.

Thanks,
    Trenton
    + 0  |  - 0

26. September 2019 at 9:45
    Hi Trenton,

As card issuer you can decide which part of data should be protected and which part can be shown in plain. In a case of the MIFARE Classic you can define two keys, one for reading and one for writing for instance. In a case of a MIFARE DESFire you can have files with different access permissions. In this kind of questions, we can help you.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

10. October 2019 at 11:01

16. October 2019 at 12:08
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.