Lite Sample Application

Forum / MIFARE SDK / Lite Sample Application

• 4. June 2015 at 15:01
    Can anyone tell me why the Lite sample app would not work on my phone? I have a Galaxy S6 with Lollipop version 5.0.2 on it. I have DESFire EV1 cards and when I put the card on the phone I do not get anyting.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Lite Sample Application

4. June 2015 at 15:21
    Well unless you don't have real EV1 card, it all suggests that there is something wrong with the SDK and Lollipoop OS version.
    Because in one of previous topics,someone also had issues while using Lollipop smart phone (Samsung S4).

Yet I have Samsung S4 with Kitkat and it works for me. I will check into that and try to figure it out.

Best,
    david
    + 0  |  - 0

4. June 2015 at 15:23
    Thank you for the response. I do have "real" EV1 cards, we use that at a University I do work for. I guess I will look at a different phone and check that out. I would appreciate any other follow up.
    + 0  |  - 0

4. June 2015 at 15:57
    If it's an existing University card, and you want to use it with Sample App of course it won't work. Because sample app is using their MASTER KEY (the default one for Blanket EV1 Cards), which is probably different than your University card (which is personalized already). So the SampleApp cannot authenticate with your card to do anything.

Check your LogCat for Errors, what does it say ?

David
    + 0  |  - 0

4. June 2015 at 16:05
    David,

Thank you for the information. I am well aware that it would not work with a personalized University card. These are blank cards that came right from the manufacturer. I can view these cards no problems using standard APDU commands. I am just checking out the SDK and it seems to have a problem with the Lollipop version. I have another phone at home that has Ice Cream on it that I will try tonight. I was just wondering if someone new of existing problems with Lollipop and the SDK.
    + 0  |  - 0

4. June 2015 at 22:40
    Has anyone got the SDK to work with a Samsung Galaxy phone and a DesFire EV1 card? I came home and put the demo app on my S3 that has IceCream on it and I still get the same results, nothing. I guess I will write an app and just see if it is connecting to the card unless I hear from someone else in the next hour or so.

Thanks,

Steve
    + 0  |  - 0

5. June 2015 at 11:03
    What error do you get?
    + 0  |  - 0

5. June 2015 at 14:14
    I was just using the sample app from the sdk on my phone and also the one from the play store. There is no error at all. When I put the card on the phone it does nothing. I have not tried programming with the SDK as of yet, have not had time.

Steve
    + 0  |  - 0

5. June 2015 at 14:34
    Ok. I've just tried with a Samsung S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 and it doesn't work.
    So I've downloaded an app from the playstore to test if i could connect with the DESFire EV1 card. I put the right key but it always give me "Authentication failed", so I definitely think there should be some troubles with our devices. I'd be curious to try with another device brand..
    + 0  |  - 0

5. June 2015 at 14:56
    Thank you for the reply. What app did you download from the Playstore to try. The one that I donwloaded was the Mifare SDK app.

Steve
    + 0  |  - 0

8. June 2015 at 7:07
    I've tried also with this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skjolberg.mifare.desfiretool
    + 0  |  - 0

8. June 2015 at 7:30
    And also this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antares.nfc
    + 0  |  - 0

8. June 2015 at 8:30
    Hey guys,

The App that I developed using Advanced SDK, is working for me on Samsung Galaxy S4 with KitKat on it.
    The App was developed 2-3 weeks ago by me, and I think since then there were no updates to S4 device, so I think in general it should work.
    Maybe you are experienced some specific case and we have to determine what's going on.

Best,
    David
    + 0  |  - 0

8. June 2015 at 8:42
    Is it working with Desfire EV1 too?
    + 0  |  - 0

8. June 2015 at 8:48
    Nicolo, the app is developed only for EV1, it is for Festivals.
    Checked it now again: still working. Using Galaxy S4, Kitkat and Advanced SDK.

Once I get time I will try to do demo app with LITE SDK to check it, but can't promise this will be quick enough for you guys!

Best,
    David
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.