Issue with "NFC off" dialog with MiFare SDK

Forum / MIFARE SDK / Issue with "NFC off" dialog with MiFare SDK

• 29. July 2016 at 23:49
    Hey there,

I'm having an issue with the MiFare SDK. Currently in my application, when the NFC is turned off, a dialog pops up, which I'm assuming is provided by the SDK, since I didn't implement anything like that, that says "NFC off". I've attached a picture for reference. The dialog has a button called "Settings" to supposedly take you to the NFC toggle in the Settings, but this only seems to work on stock Android. On Samsung devices, the NFC toggle has been moved out of the "More connection settings" menu in Settings. I've attached another screenshot for reference.

Is there a way to disable or customize this dialog? The verbage of the dialog is not user-friendly, and I would not want this dialog to be included in our customer facing app.

Thanks in advance!
    Michael
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Issue with "NFC off" dialog with MiFare SDK

29. July 2016 at 23:50
    Here are the attached screenshots that were supposed to be in the first post. Apologies!
    + 0  |  - 0

3. August 2016 at 11:25
    Hi Michael,

I will check with the development team if this dialog comes from the MIFARE SDK. I will post the response here.

Thank you,
    The MIFARE Team

+ 0  |  - 0

4. August 2016 at 8:53
    Hi Michael,

Yes, the dialog comes from the MIFARE SDK. It is showed only if there are requests to SDK methods with a switched off NFC system service. To avoid this popups, do not trigger library methods in this state.

Regards,
    The MIFARE Team

+ 0  |  - 0

4. August 2016 at 18:24
    Great, thank you! I'll give that a shot and let you know if I have any issues.
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.