Documentation Desfire EV1

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Documentation Desfire EV1

• 16. December 2016 at 13:25
    I've been trying to build a application using the DESFire EV1 tag for the last couple of weeks.
    I'm using PC/SC Sharp to communicate using APDU commands, my program is therefor written in C#.
    While I got authentication with standard DES figured out, I still need to be able to switch tags to AES and set the AES key.
    The short data sheet and document 'AN11004' haven't been very useful to me, since they don't contain specifications on how to set tags using commands. I've not been able to find the full data sheet as well.
    On internet I found references to document 'AN0945', it apparently contains many examples and specifications on interacting with the DESFire EV1 tag.
    I haven't been able to find the right information anywhere in the Docstore or the internet, is there any document has the information I need?
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Documentation Desfire EV1

19. December 2016 at 8:24
    It seems you need to have a NXP Docstore certificate to download and open the file I was looking for.
    Mailing Docstore support fixed it.
    + 0  |  - 0

19. December 2016 at 8:43
    Hi Teun,

The DocStore is the NXP platform for delivery restricted datasheets to customers. For getting all features of the MIFARE DESFire EV1/EV2 you need the DESfire Native Datasheet which is restricted under a NDA. If you mail to this platform, I will hand over your request.

The TapLinx Team

+ 2  |  - 0

19. December 2016 at 10:10
    I've already received the document, I mailed NXP support as well.
    They replied this morning, with the document attached.
    + 0  |  - 0

20. December 2016 at 9:05
    Hi Twil,

Can you share the document that you received from NXP Support? I'm also looking for the Desfire Ev1 command set. It would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    + 0  |  - 0

20. December 2016 at 9:19
    Sorry Mark, I'm not allowed to under the NDA.
    You have to request your own copy, you can email NXP Docstore support for that.
    The document you most likely need is AN0945.
    + 1  |  - 0

20. December 2016 at 9:37
    Hi Twil, it's okay. Thanks anynway. Do you mind if I e-mail you and ask some questions?
    + 0  |  - 0

20. December 2016 at 13:19
    I think you're better off asking them here, since I'm still trying to figure out the basics.
    + 1  |  - 0

21. December 2016 at 9:32
    Same here, still trying to figure out where to start and the basics of it. Anyway, thanks.
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.