Check Password Protection

Forum / MIFARE SDK / Check Password Protection

• 24. July 2015 at 11:51
    Hi,

Is there a way to check if a NFC tag scanned is already password protected?

Thanks in advance.
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Check Password Protection

24. July 2015 at 12:06
    Hello,

I am not sure of which Tags are we speaking about, so I will assume you mean NTag.
    With the SDK there's no direct method to check "isPwdProtected()", but probably you could try to use some other methods within SDK, and if it throws you an exception, like "authentication error", then you know it's password protected, because it tells you you need to authenticate wit PWD.

If you are interested perhaps in pages withing NTags, there is a method to check "isPageLocked()" where you input the Address an it will return you a boolean, True for locked, false for not-locked.

Hope I could help you a bit.
    If there's something I did not get quite alright, please try to be more specific.

Best,
    David
    + 0  |  - 1

27. July 2015 at 6:29
    Thanks David for the reply.

The tag I am using is NTAG21x and I need to check if password is already configured inside a tag and then configure the password if password is not already configured. I will try your suggestions and see if works for me. Thank you very much.
    + 0  |  - 0

31. December 2016 at 6:33
    Can We Write Protected MIFARE Classic 1K Card Memory ??
    MIFARE Classic 1K Card Memory can be readable and writable only by me.Is it possible to Protected by password ??
    + 0  |  - 0

2. January 2017 at 11:17
    Hi Dinesh,
    Please refer to the data sheet:

http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/MF1S50YYX_V1.pdf

Kind regards,
    The TapLinx Team
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.