ChangeKey Application Layer Key Problem : InvalidResponseLengthException: No Suc

Forum / MIFARE SDK / ChangeKey Application Layer Key Problem : InvalidResponseLengthException: No Suc

• 18. May 2020 at 9:40
    Hi TapLinx Team,
    i took a look on all already answers in the forum for my doubt but i did not find something, that's why i writing my doubt here.

So, what i am trying to do, is to change application layer key.
    I have two Keys: APP_MASTER_KEY[0] and RW_KEY[2]=>(for write and read keys).

If i set *setMaxNumberOfApplicationKeys(2) *, it start the key indice from 0 to 1.

But i do not want to set key to indice 1 but only for 0 and 2 indices like:
    idesFireEV2.changeKey(RW_KEY[2], KeyType.AES128, DEFAULT_KEY_2KTDES, APP_READ_WRITE_APP_KEY, (byte) 0);
    idesFireEV2.changeKey(APP_MASTER_KEY[0], KeyType.AES128, DEFAULT_KEY_2KTDES, APP_MASTER_KEY_APP_KEY, (byte) 0);

When i executed it, i got this error : InvalidResponseLengthException: No Such Key

How can i make this setting? Please.

Thanks
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: ChangeKey Application Layer Key Problem : InvalidResponseLengthException: No Suc

18. May 2020 at 9:49
    Hi Philip,

Only for clarifying, you have created an application with two keys and 2K3DES cipher. Now you want to change the first key from a 2K3DES key to an AES key?

This is not possible, because you must set the cipher for the entire application at the creation. In an application you cannot use 2K3DES and AES keys! Changing the cipher with the key is possible only for the PICC Master Key.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.