Your privacy and trust are important to us. This Privacy Statement explains who we are, what personal information we collect, why we collect this information and how we use and protect it. This Statement refers to all information we collect and that we could use to personally identify you. We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement. In case you have any questions, we are happy to answer them.
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information we collect about you. For instance, when you:
- visit our websites;
- purchase or use our products, solutions, applications or services;
- subscribe to our newsletter or participate in our online communities;
- contact customer support;
- request information specific to your interests; and
- interact with us as a job candidate/applicant.
On occasion, we may refer to additional Privacy Policies to convey specific privacy information that you need to be aware of. Due to its global presence, NXP is bound to several data protection laws around the globe. This Privacy Statement may be modified in order to comply with specific local legal requirements.
Who We Are
NXP Semiconductors N.V. enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security and privacy and smart connected solutions markets. When this Privacy Statement refers to “we”, “us” or “our”, it refers to all NXP Affiliates or Subsidiaries which under this Privacy Statement may act as a controller of your personal information: namely, those entities who may be deciding how and why your personal information is being processed.
What types of personal information do we collect?
We may process various types of personal information we receive from you depending on the ways you interact with us (e.g. through our website portal, customer support, etc.). They include the following:
- Name and last name;
- E-mail address, address, phone number, fax, country;
- Log in details (user name, password);
- Bank account information;
- Reviews, feedback, comments;
- Traffic information such as time and/or duration of your interaction with us;
- IP address, MAC address of the devices you use to interact with us;
- Your actual or assumed location (determined by the information mentioned above);
- Information related to your interests (products or services that you are visiting on our website platforms);
- Information related to your requests for information, requests for support and your transactions with NXP; and
- Cookies preferences.
We use Google Analytics to create pseudonymized user profiles in accordance with Article 6(1)f of the General Data Protection Regulation to optimize the design of our website as needed. It is a product of Google, Inc. (Google), Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses ‘cookies,’ which are text files placed on your computer, to help you measure user interactions on your website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. However, because we have activated IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will first be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other countries party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there only in exceptional cases. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage for us. The purposes we pursue here also represent legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6(1)f of the General Data Protection Regulation.
You can object to the creation of pseudonymized user profiles at any time. Please follow one of the options below:
- You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en .
- As an alternative to opting out from being tracked by Google Analytics you can also click the following link here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/?hl=de#disable.An opt-out cookie will be stored, which means that no web analysis will take place as long as the opt-out cookie is stored by your browser
Controller of your data is the NXP Semiconductors Austria GbmH entity. The relevant entity is indicated in every email, business letter and other official communication that you have received from us.
1.2 Personal Data and Purpose
We process your data for purposes of direct marketing, inter alia for sending marketing mailings and or newsletters. The data processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR and on our interest to inform you about new products and services and share further relevant news with you that are related to our business relationship. Every data subject has a separate right to object to this type of data processing; if you exercise this right, we will stop processing your data for purposes of direct marketing. If your data is solely stored for direct marketing purposes, it will be deleted after you have objected.
Should we not have had previous business relationship, we shall only contact you, if you have given us unambiguous free and informed consent.
This website or mobile application is owned and operated by the NXP Semiconductors Austria GmbH entity.
1.3 Your Rights
The Rights described in section “Which are your rights?” apply.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We want to know you better, so we can serve you better. But the choice whether you want this kind of service is off course up to you.
Depending on who you are, we may collect personal information for different purposes, such as:
- performance and execution of contracts;
- direct marketing;
- providing our products or services;
- responding to requests;
- compliance with legal obligations;
- security and maintenance reasons;
- employement purposes.
When do we share your information with third parties?
We only share your personal information with third parties in the specific cases listed below:
- NXP affiliates, given that NXP is an international corporation with several NXP affiliates;
- external service providers, such as newsletter distributors, IT hosting providers, marketing providers, etc.; and
- business partners.
We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
How do we safeguard your personal information?
We recognize our responsibility to protect the personal information we collect. We make sure that our measures are in compliance with applicable data protection and data security laws. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent risks, such as accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to information. We will also make sure that our external providers process your data in a secure and confidential manner. Additionally, we make sure that these measures are in compliance with applicable data protection and data security laws. For instance, we put in place the following measures in order protect your information:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to personal information (for instance, only employees on a need to know basis have access to your personal information);
- requiring third-party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure and putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards.
How long do we retain your information?
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to fulfil the specific purposes, as explained under the section “Why we collect your personal information”. In certain cases a longer retention of your personal information might be required according to legal obligations. In all other cases, we delete your personal information once the purpose of processing your information is fulfilled.
Which are your rights?
According to applicable data protection laws, you have the right to:
- Access, modify (via: https://www.mifare.net/en/login/) or delete your personal information (unless it is legally required to retain the information).
- Restriction of or objection to the processing activity of your information.
- Request a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Pose any questions related to your personal information and its protection.
How do we control the storage and collection of your personal information?
We are happy to give you control over your personal information. For more information on the information we collect about you or to request that we delete your information, please get in touch with us.
We will respond only to the email address you provided. This is to verify your identity and insure that you are the owner/controller of that email address and account information.
When do we transfer your personal information?
NXP will not send your personal information to a recipient outside the European Economic Area (EEA) without obtaining your consent or otherwise complying with applicable data protection laws.
In order to fulfil the purposes mentioned under this Privacy Statement, we or third parties (see “When we share your information with third parties”) may disclose your personal information to recipients outside of the country where you are located. Transfers of personal information outside (EEA) require an adequate level of protection.
NXP operates globally. The countries/regions in which recipients are likely to be located are the countries/regions where NXP is conducting business.
Updates to this Statement
In order to stay compliant with applicable legal requirements, we will review and/or may modify this Privacy Statement at any time. The current version of this Privacy Statement is always available at: www.mifare.net.
Concerns and complaints
If you are concerned about the way we process your personal information, please contact us and we will investigate your concern. You will receive a written response within a reasonable period. You also have the right to make a formal complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction.