Reply To: MIFARE DESFire EV2 – how to encrypt data with custom key

Forum MIFARE general topics and applications MIFARE DESFire EV2 – how to encrypt data with custom key Reply To: MIFARE DESFire EV2 – how to encrypt data with custom key

Re: MIFARE DESFire EV2 – how to encrypt data with custom key

29. May 2020 at 1:26
hi TapLinx team
apologies if I am sounding thick here. I looked at the above mentioned, "DESFire EV1 change key" but, still have a few newbie questions. I would much appreciate any guidance.

I am working with my DESFire EV2 (card and an implant) and hoping to build a few useful end-user use case applications for it.

1. Is it possible to change the default PICC master key. Not just the encryption type, but, the actual key ?
2. I am trying to create an application with a custom key with an encryption type for it. In looking at the above example, it looks like this is doable by simply creating a new app level key. Correct ?
3. How does one use individual application level folders? Is the notion of an "application" meant to be used as storage unit for files that are sandboxed within the confines of the application domain ? So, if I want to look at the contents of a file within an application, I would first AuthN against the Master PICC key and then another AuthN at application key level and then enumerate the files ?
4. Do you have any examples of end-user use cases of how DESFire EV2 is being used ? If there are ready made applications/tools, I would rather purchase them and use them rather than building on my own. Any suggestions here ?

Sorry if these questions are basic, but, I am fairly new to this space.

thanks

+ 0  |  - 0