Reply To: Basic Tutorial for MIFARE Classic 1K using C#, C++ etc.

Forum MIFARE general topics and applications Basic Tutorial for MIFARE Classic 1K using C#, C++ etc. Reply To: Basic Tutorial for MIFARE Classic 1K using C#, C++ etc.

Re: Basic Tutorial for MIFARE Classic 1K using C#, C++ etc.

29. January 2016 at 8:57
Hi NTMS,

I do not know the document “FSP_MIFCK1Kv5.03.pdf” and neither the ACR8900 terminal. There are a lot of reader devices and several drivers to operate with the contactless cards. The Qt framework allows it to use any library on Linux where a C header file and a shared library is available. But you will lose the platform independency if the library is not also available for other platforms. As I know Qt does not support Smardcard programming with it's library.

Your code snippet shows me that you use a library which offer a Smardcard interface (
if (cCard_._eCardType == CARD_TYPE_MIFARE_1K)
). What library do you use in your code?

The method
DialogMifareCardProgramming::on_pushButtonAuthenticate_clicked()
shows an authenticate with keys from a key store. In general, the Authenticate() is a method where you proof to the card that you are the allowable user and able to read (or write) protected content on the card. The Authenticate() method needs the cards keys and the keys are usually handled in a so called key store .

The regular procedure to use MIFARE cards is, to personalize the blank card with customer data and initialize the keys. “Initialize the key” means to overwrite the factory-set default keys with keys created in your office e.g.: from a random number generator. After this personalizing you hand-out the card to the end user.

Now the user operate with the card on a terminal and your software. You know the card key and the Authenticate() is a verification that your software operates only with cards you have personalized before.

Kind regards,
The MIFARE Team
+ 0  |  - 0