MIFARE - The brand of contactless IC products
MIFARE is NXP’s well-known brand for a wide range of contactless IC products with a typical read/write distance of 10 cm (4 inches) used in more than 40 different applications worldwide. With 150 million readers and 12 billion contactless and dual interface IC´s sold, MIFARE products are proven and reliable. This huge installed base of MIFARE products enables service providers to expand their offer while reducing the total costs and increasing users’ convenience.
MIFARE products comply with the international standard ISO/IEC 14443, which is used in more than 80% of all contactless smart cards today. Within the MIFARE product families, backward compatibility ensures that the existing infrastructure can be smoothly upgraded to higher security and feature levels. To further extend the reach of MIFARE products, the MIFARE4Mobile Industry Group brings MIFARE applications onto NFC enabled mobile devices.
In its successful history, MIFARE products have established an excellent reputation and footprint as the leading contactless solution that delivers convenience, flexibility, and scalability for application developers. Over 1,000 business partners are part of the open MIFARE community and ecosystem.
MIFARE - at a glance
- Compatibility with all current and future product families (proven by an independent Certification Institute)
- Established and running infrastructure in 750 cities around the world
- High security available via contactless interface (certified by Common Criteria)
- Market share of more than 77% in the transport ticketing industry
- Broad product portfolio covering reader components as well as contactless and dual interface smart card ICs
- Multi-application memory to store several services on the same card
- Fast transaction speed (typical ticket transaction in less than 100ms)
- Multiple sourcing on all levels of the value-chain (ICs, readers, cards)
- High reliability - no moving parts, no battery
Discover MIFARE in our brochure