MIFARE - The Brand of Contactless IC Products
MIFARE® is NXP’s well-known brand for a wide range of contactless IC products with a typical read/write distance of 10 cm (4 inches) used in more than 40 different applications worldwide. With more than 12 billion contactless and dual interface IC’s sold, MIFARE products are proven and reliable. This huge installed base of MIFARE products enables service providers to expand their offer while reducing the total costs and increasing users’ convenience.
MIFARE products comply with the international standard ISO/IEC 14443, which is used in more than 80% of all contactless smart cards today. Within the MIFARE product families, backward compatibility ensures that the existing infrastructure can be smoothly upgraded to high security and feature levels. To further extend the reach of MIFARE products, the MIFARE4Mobile Industry Group brings applications onto NFC enabled mobile devices. Our latest cloud service solution, the MIFARE 2GO, manages digitized MIFARE product-based credentials which help service providers to issue their services instantly on mobiles and wearables.
In its successful history, MIFARE products have established a reputation and footprint as the contactless solution that delivers convenience, flexibility, and scalability for application developers. Over 1,000 business partners are part of the open MIFARE community and ecosystem.
MIFARE at a Glance
- Compatibility with all current and future product families (proven by an independent Certification Institute)
- Established and running infrastructure in over 750 cities worldwide
- High security via contactless interface (certified by Common Criteria)
- Broad product portfolio covering contactless and dual interface ICs
- Multi-application memory to store several services on the same card
- Fast transaction speed (typical transaction time is less than 100 ms)
- High reliability - no moving parts, no battery
Discover what MIFARE Can Do For You