win SDK for NTAG216 ?

• 13. April 2016 at 22:00
    Is there a reader and DLL / SDK you can recommend that correctly handles the NTAG216 chips on the Windows platform?

We have tried about 6-7 different readers and various SDKs and all of them
    recognize the NTAG216 88 byte as a MIFARE Ultralight C 128 byte chip.
    I haven't found one reader that can handle them.

Trying to write to them over 127 bytes gives an error.

We have tried the NXP PC/SC NDEF Library Rev. 1.0 and it has the same problems with these chips.
    Is there a newer version of this dll that supports writing the NTAG216?

The ONLY thing that we can get to work with the NTAG216 is the NXP tag info app.
    It reports them as NTAG216 with the correct capacity 888.

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: win SDK for NTAG216 ?

14. April 2016 at 9:46
    Hi Mark,

Unfortunately we do not have an out-of-the-box solution for you. Our reader library is for operating with our NFC reader chips directly, but it does not operate with the PC/SC interface.

I recommend to use a standard reader product. But you should check the manuals before. To operate with the NTag216 you have to use the ISO 14443-A Part 3 interface with is handled with separate commands. For instance for the HID Omnikey reader you have to open a so called generic session , send all commands as generic card commands and at the end you have to close the generic session. Generic commands wrap target APDU commands into a generic APDU command.

My recommendation is: check the manuals of the NFC reader manufacturers how they implement the ISO 14443-A Part 3 communication. If you find it is properly supported, choose this reader for your project.

Kind regards,
    The MIFARE Team
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.