Use SDK for offline Android application

Forum / MIFARE SDK / Use SDK for offline Android application

• 28. August 2017 at 18:02
    Hi

I have been reading details on SDK and one thing I can not get. Is it possible to use SDK for offline application, e.g. application will not be able to connect to internet, will be used without any network connection. Since from description it looks like on start SDK will need to register I am in doubt will it be able to work if being offline.

I know that now days it is strange but we are building solution that has to be able to work completely offline, meaning not being dependent on any kind of network connection.

thx
    Nenad
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Use SDK for offline Android application

29. August 2017 at 9:06
    Hi Nenad,

Yes, you can use TapLinx offline. If your device will never see a network connection, the feature will be silence.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

29. August 2017 at 11:16
    Thx a lot. Btw, what does it mean "the feature will be silence"? Will it work?

bye
    Nenad
    + 0  |  - 0

29. August 2017 at 12:41
    Hi Nenad,

This means, that this feature is not totally deactivated. If your device get a net connection for the first time, TapLinx will start to check the license. If this is repeated unsuccessfully, TapLinx will become inactive.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

29. August 2017 at 12:45
    Hi

Is this for Lite version also?
    Also can you tell me what is time period?

I am asking since we think that application could, in normal usage be out of range, during time period device is not discharged, so several hours.

bye
    Nenad
    + 0  |  - 0

1. September 2017 at 12:52
    Hi Nenad,

“Lite” and “Advanced” was used in the former SDK, the MIFARE SDK. For TapLinx there is no difference any more.

What I have tried to explain is, that there is no time period. If TapLinx is starting up and the license is not verified yet, it will check if a network connection is established. If no network connection, nothing will happen.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.