USB Reader – how to get the card serial number?

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / USB Reader – how to get the card serial number?

• 12. November 2013 at 16:04
    Hi all

I bought a usb powered http://www.hidglobal.com/products/readers/omnikey/5021 in order to read the card serial number (UID).

What I hoped would happen was that I would install the drivers and then be able to place my pc cursor in any data entry field in any windows or browser-based program (eg cell A1 in Excel), scan the card and for that number to entered where my cursor is. No such luck! At the moment I have to use the so-called workbench application, scan the card. copy and paste the Hex UID, copy to excel, strip out the spaces and convert to decimal!

There must be an easier way. Do you have any advice? could you point me to any freeware which may help?

Regards

Steve :-)
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: USB Reader – how to get the card serial number?

26. November 2013 at 9:29
    Hi!

I have similar problem. I'm not a company.
    I'v bought Mifare Plus X 2k 4BUID card and I have no software to read uid number to 'active' field with cursor.
    It would be very nice to have this kind of small application made by card manufacturer.

I hope NXP Semiconductors has such a program in their software collections.

Thank you in advance!

Chris
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: USB Reader – how to get the card serial number?

16. October 2014 at 20:08
    I've been looking for same kind of application tool that simply reads the UID, converts it to decimal and pastes it on the cursor, but no luck. Wonder how hard it would be to make this kind of simple application. GoToTags almost does it. It reads UID and auto-pastes it on the cursor but of course in hex only. I think it's easier to buy a read-only reader that act as keyboard than find this kind of simple utility. I have ACR122U USB-reader/writer.
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.