Ultralight C / WinPhone 8.1 / 3DES-Authentication

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Ultralight C / WinPhone 8.1 / 3DES-Authentication

• 29. June 2015 at 11:13
    Hi,
    I have to read Ultralight C Cards which are encrypted with 3DES.

My environment
    - Visual Studio 2013/C#
    - Lumia 640 LTE with NFC-pn547-chipset
    - WinPhone 8.1

I downloaded PcscSdk code samples. The code samples are using apdu commands (ISO 7816). I cannot work with the proximity lib, as I do not have NDEF-cards. All works fine as long as I do not try to read enrypted cards.

According Mifare product data sheet MIFARE Ultralight C - Contactless ticket IC, Rev. 3.2 — 30 June 2014, 137632, Chapter 7.5.5 I have to start an encrypted session with sending command AUTHENTICATE (0x1A).
    How do I do that?
    Must I use an equivalent apdu command? Or must I send an apdu command like GET DATA (0xCA) or GET RESPONSE (0xC0), extended with commanddata?
    Could anyone help just with this first command CLA=?, INS=?, P1=?, P2=?, CommandData=, LE=?, LC=? This would clarify a lot to me.

Thanks in advance

Bernd

About me
    actually I'm developer in retail (VS, VB, C#, MS SQL)...
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Ultralight C / WinPhone 8.1 / 3DES-Authentication

15. December 2015 at 13:38
    Hi Bernd,

the datasheet of the MIFARE UltraLight C

http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/MF0ICU2.pdf

explains on pages 29 and 30 the authentication procedure.
    The byte sequence used, depends on the library you use for communication. On PCs the PC/SC library is widely used and this library also is available for C#. Please refer to the manual of your reader how the PC/SC library is implemented for this reader. In this manual you will find examples how to pack the UltraLight C commands into write methods.

Regards,
    The MIFARE Team
    + 1  |  - 0
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.