Security measures Ntag 2xx

Forum / MIFARE SDK / Security measures Ntag 2xx

• 29. September 2014 at 13:49
    I just stared using the SDK and i love how easily we can plug into the Android OS and write interactions based on the card type.

In this specific case i'm dealing with Ntag series. I'd be using the NTag213215216 for the 213/215/216 Ntags, but what i'm interested is about the security measures that is possible.

The sample application does not contain any information as to how i can achieve that with the Ntag. It simply writes and reads data.

Assuming my data is about 100 bytes, how would i successfully safely write data and read it so that only my application can use the NFC tag?

I see that the NTag210 class contains a whole bunch of methods that are related to the security, like authenticatePWD, enablePasswordProtection, programPWDPack, etc etc.

But what i'd like to know if how to put them together to securely write and read with custom password/key protection.

(its not necessary to be using Keystore)

Thanks in advance
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Security measures Ntag 2xx

7. October 2014 at 11:56
    Hi Akash,

Please visit www.nxp-rfid.com for more information of NTAG product, and please see the java document available with Lite SDK for more information about the concerned APIs.

Regards,
    Team
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Security measures Ntag 2xx

7. October 2014 at 14:23
    Thanks for the reply.

I did look into the Lite SDK documentation and i wasn't able to find out how to successfully utilize the SDK which is why i was asking.
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.