SAK response on the Classic next generation tags.

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / SAK response on the Classic next generation tags.

• 16. October 2013 at 16:11
    Dear all,
    I am reading the datasheets and documents available in NXP, and I am a little bit confused.
    I am trying to understand what is the SAK response of a Classic 1K next generation tag that is personalized to operate with the functionality UID3.
    Description from the datasheet MF1S50yyX on page 18: "anti-colision and selection with a single size NUID according to ISO/IEC 14443-3 where the NUID is calculated out of the 7 byt UID".
    On page 17 of the same datasheet, I see that the SAK of MF1S50yyX is 0x08.

However a note on page 11 of the AN10833 document says: "The Mifare Classic 1K, Mifare Classic 4K and Mifare Mini with 7 byte UID with NUID mapping enabled does not support cascade level 2, and therefore uses the indicated SAK and cascade level 1".
    And on page 10 of the same document I see that the cascade level 1 SAK response of any Mifare with double UID is 0x04.

So, what am I misunderstanding? Which is correct, 0x08 o 0x04?

Could anybody help me? Thank you in advance. :-)
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: SAK response on the Classic next generation tags.

17. October 2013 at 22:16
    Hi Aitor,
    Thanks for your question.

SAK response of MIFARE Classic is 0x08 (final response, i.e. CL2).

SAK response for Double size UID in CL1 is 0x04 (Without MIFARE Desfire). Which means UID is not finished yet.

Now if you use NUID mapping enabled, you have only CL1 and and the SAK will be 0x08.

Page 10 of AN10833 is talking about SAK in CL1 for double size UID (thats why 0x04).

Hope its clear now.
    BR
    Adnan
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: SAK response on the Classic next generation tags.

18. October 2013 at 7:42
    Thank you Adnan,
    Everything is clear now.

BR.
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.