Reading data with Mifare Desfire EV2

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Reading data with Mifare Desfire EV2

Tagged: 

• 10. November 2016 at 12:40
    Hi all,

I've been to eftpos payments but I'm fairly new to contactless especially Mifare. I am assigned to retrieve card details / track2 data from the provided ev2 cards.

They provided me these stuff:
    - Company configured EV2 cards
    - EV2 data sheet document
    - 16 byte App key

I saw the data sheets and it's a bit cryptic for me so I continue researching through net and decided to register here.

I was thinking maybe if someone could provide me the apdu command steps or at least point me to the right direction, that would be great!

Regards,
    -Lagur
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Reading data with Mifare Desfire EV2

12. November 2016 at 2:30
    Anyone? Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    + 0  |  - 0

13. November 2016 at 21:50
    The datasheet mentioned about the missing information of all commands, which points to the functional specs...

9. DESFire command set

This section contains an overview of MF3D(H)x2 command codes. A detailed description of all commands is provided in REF. 1.

>>> MF3Dx2 MIFARE DESFire EV2 Functional specification, document number: 2260

Does anyone knows where can I get this document?

Thanks.
    + 0  |  - 0

14. November 2016 at 10:14
    Hi Lagur,

Please take in mind, the MIFARE DESFire EV1 or EV2 are security products. For me it seems that the “16 bytes app key” is an AES128 key, used for protection or encryption of the data. You have two options to deal with the DESFire:

1. You use the TapLinx SDK for Android. The SDK is free and allows it to communicate with the DESFire.

2. You implement your software on a PC or a microcontroller with a “third party NFC reader”. Here you have to send the ISO or native commands to the DESFire directly. If you want to use native commands, you need to sign a NDA. Please contact us via taplinx@nxp.com for the NDA request.

Kind regards,
    The TapLinx Team
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.