questions on MIFARE4MOBILE

Forum / MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s / questions on MIFARE4MOBILE

• 18. August 2016 at 16:24
    I have some questions on NFC mobile ticketing for Android phone and need your helps. The smartcard we use is Mifare DESFire.

1. How do we know that the phone is M4M enabled? such as for Samsung Galaxy S5 (with NXP PN547) or Nexus 6p (with NXP PN548)?

2. For a phone that not M4M enabled, what is the process of installing the M4M implementation (Java Card Applet) for development purpose? I read that the SE of PN544 is also configured to emulate a Mifare classic 4K card. But we want the phone to emulate Mifare DESFire.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
    Libin
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: questions on MIFARE4MOBILE

6. September 2016 at 15:56
    Hi Libin,

Any phone with NXP PN547/PN548 is able to manage several MIFARE virtual cards (Classic and DESFire EV1). The point here is that you cannot use it out-of-box. The access to the SE is not allowed with a default Android OS. To use the SE, you have modify the Android Sources and flash your phone with this software. This requires always a “rooting” of your device.

Kind regards,
    The MIFARE Team

+ 0  |  - 0

28. November 2017 at 8:48
    As moderator as answered your question, all phones having NXP Pn547/48 can manage memory and virtual cards. By default, andorid phones cannot access SE unless you can get it rooted by someone. I have done it before for my assignment writing help project but i strongly recommend other to not do it but if they want to proceed with it, proceed with precaution.
    + 0  |  - 0

3. May 2018 at 19:44
    Dear all,
    I have a question related to PN548 chips.

According to techinisights, the Huawei Mate 10 Pro used a NXP PN548 chips,
    According to this table, the unit is not compatible with mifare classic.
    Is this something wrong with the second table that Mate10 pro should be mifare-classic compatible?

also the Huawei P20 pro is said to come with a NXP 55102 PN548 NFC controller by iFixit ,
    but it is too listed on that table as incompatible with mifare-classic.
    Thanks

+ 0  |  - 0

3. May 2018 at 19:46
    Dear SDK team,
    I have a question related to PN548 chips.

According to techinisights, the Huawei Mate 10 Pro used a NXP PN548 chips,
    According to this table, the unit is not compatible with mifare classic.
    Is this something wrong with the second table that Mate10 pro should be mifare-classic compatible?

also the Huawei P20 pro is said to come with a NXP 55102 PN548 NFC controller by iFixit ,
    but it is too listed on that table as incompatible with mifare-classic.
    Thanks
    + 0  |  - 0

3. May 2018 at 19:47
    oops, how can I remove a duplicated post, my dear PM?
    + 0  |  - 0

21. June 2018 at 10:06
    Hi John Doe,
    For information about NFC reader ICs you should visit this forum:

http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

24. September 2023 at 3:02
    Many years after this post appeared, I am having a similar problem with Samsung S21 phones.
    + 0  |  - 0

3. October 2023 at 9:25
    Are you considering working as an affiliate to promote email marketing services? Since affiliate websites offer excellent revenue potential, email marketing is a lucrative business. The best email marketing affiliate programs consist of conversation and knowledge sharing on this platform.
    Share your insights, opinions, and tips on the programs that gave you the best results. This platform is a great way to research and differentiate affiliate opportunities in email marketing, whether you’re an experienced affiliate marketer or just starting out.

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.