Plastic card printer that can print and eccode Ultralight

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Plastic card printer that can print and eccode Ultralight

Tagged: 

• 5. August 2019 at 13:40
    I'm new to this domain, but am surprised how difficult it seems to be to do the following:

I have some plastic cards with Mifare Ultralight chips in them.

I'm looking for a way to print an image on them and encode some data (a URL) to the NDEF record. So, (for example) to print the human readable credentials on the card, and put a URL with their personal reference code into the chip.

My ideal printer is HID Fargo DTC1250e, but somethign else simliar size to fit on a desk would also be suitable.

Any help appreciated

thanks
    Ben

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: Plastic card printer that can print and eccode Ultralight

6. August 2019 at 8:18
    Hi Ben,

The MIFARE Ultralight can be used as “Type 2 Tag”. The easiest way to prepare the card is using the Android app TagWriter. “Type 2 Tag” means a defined format which allows it to communicate the other NDEF enabled devices. TagWriter is a free of charge app from NXP. You can download it from Google Play.

TagWriter:
    com.nxp.nfc.tagwriter

If you want to know more about the Type 2 Tag definition, look for this paper:
    “NFC Forum - Type 2 Tag Operation Specification”

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

6. August 2019 at 9:10
    Thanks TapLinx. But it is important tnat I can print on the card at the same time as encoding the card, to ensure that the readable information matches what is encoded.

I've been searching for some time and surprised to find this seems to be very difficult. There must be a solution out there?
    + 0  |  - 0

7. August 2019 at 13:25
    Hi Ben,

This is a special use-case! You need an NFC reader mounted at your plastic card printer. It seems it is a tricky construction project.

Good luck!
    The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

8. October 2021 at 11:20
    Your article is an incredibly useful exceptionally interesting subject I am looking that kind of post thank for bestowing to us keep it up.
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.