Pegoda RD710 with Mifare Discover reading Desfire Media

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Pegoda RD710 with Mifare Discover reading Desfire Media

• 6. January 2015 at 6:22
    I have a Pegoda RD710 (firmware 2.2.7) with Mifare Discover (2.3.0)

I need to be able to read the data on desfire media, I have the Master Keys and application Key for the cards but can not find an easy to to be able to read the data.

Can mifareDiscover do this ?
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Pegoda RD710 with Mifare Discover reading Desfire Media

20. January 2016 at 11:31
    Hi,

With the MIFAREdiscover tool you can read content on a MIFARE DESFire. Reading from files depends on the access permission. If the permission allow free read access, you can read the content without authentication. Otherwise an authentication is required. Authentication means, you use the key which is required to access to the files for an authenticate operation. The MIFARE DESFire supports several keys and a file permission may depends on more than one key.

Kind regards,
    The MIFARE TEam
    + 0  |  - 0

1. April 2016 at 8:42
    Hi,

I have the same question. I have the reader Pegoda RD710 and the software Mifare Discover 3.2.0.
    I want to read a file of a Mifare DESFire application I coded with our coding software(Kaba Media Manager). I have the master key and the read key of the corresponding card.
    I can read the application coded in the card, select it and read the Ids of the corresponding coded files. However, I do not find any option in the software to "log" in the file that I want to read with the corresponding read key. I will try to explain it in more detail:

1. I place the card on the reader.
    2. RF Reset -> Activate Idle -> RATS+PPS (OK)
    3. App [Get, Select & Delete] -> Get App Ids -> Select App (the corresponding application is selected) (OK)
    4. Get File [IDs, Settings] -> Get File IDs -> With this option I am able to read the four files coded into the corresponding application (OK)
    5. And here I have to write a question mark (???). I want to read the content of the file ID 00. For this I used the option "Data File Access", however, I was not able to find the option to "say" to the software "read this file with the read Key I stored in the 'Key Store Manager'".

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best regards,
    + 0  |  - 0

1. April 2016 at 9:44
    WordPress › Error

There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.