Parameter error (0x9E) when adding additional access rights to a file on EV2

Forum / MIFARE SmartCard IC`s / MIFARE DESFire / Parameter error (0x9E) when adding additional access rights to a file on EV2

• 16. July 2018 at 11:13
    When adding additional access rights to a file I am getting a Parameter error returned from the card. When I create the file I have set the option for additional access rights to be used and I'm authenticating using the EV2First procedure. The command is being sent fully encrypted and I've checked each step against the known test vectors to ensure my MAC & encryption keys are correct. Has anyone managed to successfully apply additional access rights and could tell me how them overcame the error if they had it?
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Parameter error (0x9E) when adding additional access rights to a file on EV2

16. July 2018 at 11:24
    Some additional information: I have also tried to complete this in the RFIDDiscover tool and am getting the same error. This leads me to believe it's something in my card application setting that I have missed.
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Parameter error (0x9E) when adding additional access rights to a file on EV2

16. July 2018 at 12:44
    I have figured out where I was going wrong. In my additional AR settings I had set the change access rights to use key 0. This was the mistake I was making. There can only be one setting of the change access rights (when the file is created). Further access rights should be set to no access (0xF). After I made this change the command worked correctly.

I'm leaving this for anyone else who gets stuck and may find it useful.

KL
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.