Panasonic FZ-M1 PR533

• 9. May 2019 at 10:32
    Hi

We have a Panasonic FZ-M1 with integrated reader. According to Panasonic the chip is a PR533
    The reader appears in Windows 10 as a "Microsoft Usbccid Smartcard Reader (WUDF)"

When I present a Desfire EV1 card, the reader reacts and in device manager I can now see an Unknown Smartcard appear.

However, when I present a Legic CTC 4096 card, this does not happen , there is no reaction from the reader , though Legic say that the CTC chip ISO 14443 A compliant

Rather than relying on Device Manager, is there any software that I can get that will interact with this reader ?
    I would prefer a finished software to check that the reader can detect the cards before handing over to our development team.

Thanks
    Tony
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Panasonic FZ-M1 PR533

10. May 2019 at 9:36
    Hi Tony,

the ISO/IEC 14443 protocol has more parts. It exists cards which only fulfil ISO/IEC 14443-3 and other which fulfil ISO/IEC 14443-4 (which includes 14443-3). For instance, the NXP NTAG family are ISO/IEC 14443-3 products and the MIFARE DESFire is a ISO/IEC 14443-4 product.

On Windows, the PC/SC interface for Smartcard communication is widely used. This allows you to migrate to different readers, because almost all USB readers support PC/SC.

Any software who tries to communicate with your card must know the card architecture and know how the card is personalized. This includes also the knowledge of the keys for an authentication. Therefore, this makes it difficult to find “finished software” for your card.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

10. May 2019 at 9:59
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

In this instance I am only looking to read the UID of the card.
    Mainly what I am looking for at this stage is a software that shows me that the PR533 is able to do this. Once I know it is compatible with reading the UID of the CTC card I can then pass it to our developers to develop our own program to utilise this.

Tony
    + 0  |  - 0

10. May 2019 at 13:35
    Hi Tony,

If you google for this string: “HOW TO READ A MIFARE UID USING PC/SC” you will find an article where the UID is read via PC/SC interface on Windows. It should also work for your card. Ask your developer to implement this small example on your device and check it. If it works, this is the way how your developer should implement the whole application.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

10. October 2019 at 11:15

16. October 2019 at 12:10
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.