NFC Mifare Ultralight – reading succeeds, writing gives an error "6300"

Forum / MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s / NFC Mifare Ultralight – reading succeeds, writing gives an error "6300"

• 18. January 2020 at 10:30
    I have a Mifare card ultralight or ultralightC ( unfortunately I do not know for sure I determined it by ATR)
    After several successful attempts to write data, the write operation began to give an error 6300. The recorded data is still read without errors.
    What could be the problem?
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: NFC Mifare Ultralight – reading succeeds, writing gives an error "6300"

21. January 2020 at 10:00
    Hi Evgen,

The MIFARE Ultralight C is an ISO14443-3 tag. This means, that you will not have a communication anymore after the card is going into an error state. Please have a look to the datasheet, state diagram in figure 4, page 6 (for the datasheet, see link below). The state controller goes into state HALT and remain there until power off.

So, the “6300” comes from your reader. Do you have a user manual from the reader? Usually, in the manual you will find how the manufacturer support dedicated card and whether or what wrapping commands you have to use.

The TapLinx team

MF0ICU2 MIFARE Ultralight C - Contactless ticket IC

+ 0  |  - 0

22. January 2020 at 8:35
    Hi.
    Yes, I have user manual from the reader. I have already recorded information on this card using this reader. Now, performing all the same actions, when I try to overwrite information in previously used cells, I get errors. When reading previously recorded information, everything works fine.
    But why the recording stopped working is unclear? Maybe I wrote the information in some cell that closed the card for recording? Or a problem with the card?
    + 0  |  - 0

23. January 2020 at 9:58
    Hi Evgen,

Allowing a write after a read command is not a known feature of the MIFARE Ultralight C. You know, the Ultralight C allows it to lock a range of pages (refer section 7.5.2 Lock byte 0 and 1). The other memory protection mechanism is to use an authentication (refer section 7.5.8 Configuration for memory access via 3DES Authentication).

I assume the error occurs in your read and write implementations. Please take in mind: the READ command send 16 bytes (4 pages) back to the reader and the WRITE command expect to take 4 bytes (one page).

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.