Newbie – Need Help with Android App

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Newbie – Need Help with Android App

• 22. May 2020 at 4:35
    Hi
    I downloaded the SDK Sample Project for my Android and deployed it to my Note 5 and S10+, in both cases, the app launches with the TapLinx Logo splash screen and then closes right away.

I am hoping to get a basic NFC app up and running using the SDK that can allow me to manage my MIFARE DESFire EV2 card and implanted chip. I am not able to go past this failing sample SDK sample app.

any suggest please - thanks

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: Newbie – Need Help with Android App

22. May 2020 at 15:04
    Hi N0AGI,

Some device does not implement NFC. In such cases, NFC apps will not work. As a test, you can download the TagInfo app from NXP. It is very helpful tool to check the tag. If you tap the MIFARE DESFire EV2, it should be detected and some basic information will be shown.

In Google Play please search for NFC TagInfo by NXP with this link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nxp.taginfolite

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

23. May 2020 at 0:35
    The NXP Tag Info and Write - apps - booth of them work just fine.
    + 0  |  - 0

26. May 2020 at 14:57
    hi TapLinx team - any thoughts here. Much appreciated. Thanks
    + 0  |  - 0

27. May 2020 at 8:23
    I tried a few different routes to figure out why this simple android app with the bare-bones basic NXP TapLinx init routine fails. Please take a look at my short demo video of this failure. The TAPLinx SDK sample app has a similar failure issue. As noted, this is a Samsung Note5, NFC is enabled and NXP Tag Reader and Writer both work just fine and are able to read my card and the implanted DESFire EV2. The same issue occurs on my Samsung S10+ and other NFC apps work just fine.

I am eager to make progress, but, just can't seem to move ahead w/ resolving this issue.

Can someone share what might be missing and causing this to fail? Any input is much appreciated

thanks

+ 0  |  - 0

27. May 2020 at 8:24
    please try this link to the video - thank you

+ 0  |  - 0

27. May 2020 at 8:24
    I was checking the permissions assigned to the TapLinx SDK sample android app after it is run on the device. The attached are the screenshots of the permissions seen after running the app from android-studio.

do they seem right?

from the manifest in the example, I expected this list to include NFC, among other permissions. But, not seeing them.

any thoughts ? Thanks

here's the manifest from the sdk example:

+ 0  |  - 0

27. May 2020 at 8:31
    Hi N0AGI,

You need NFC permissions for the app, naturally. TapLinx want to connect via internet to a registration server—if available. But this is not a must! You can use your TapLinx app offline if you want. Please have a look into the AN for further details:

AN11876 – Starting Development with TapLinx SDK

By the way, the AN includes also a code snippet which you can use as “skeleton” for your own development. In the snippet is shown which methods you need to re-implement in your app.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 1

27. May 2020 at 13:04
    any thoughts here ? Why does the app fail to stay put, but wants to close ? Thanks much
    + 0  |  - 0

27. May 2020 at 13:04
    thank you - I will take a look into this doc - seems like a good reference for beginners.
    + 0  |  - 0

6. June 2020 at 16:14
    I have similar problem :/
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.