Native commands sending to MiFARE DESFire EV1

Forum / MIFARE SDK / Native commands sending to MiFARE DESFire EV1

• 16. May 2018 at 10:00
    Hey,

Just wanted to see if someone has built an application that can send native commands to a PC/SC reader which has a MIFARE DESFire card on it.

All I have found is the SCRTested application but it looks like that tool only supports ISO7816-4 commands and not the native ones.

Even the java.smartcardio library doesn't support native commands.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11685959/javax-smartcardio-how-to-send-native-commands-to-desfire-card

Neel.
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Native commands sending to MiFARE DESFire EV1

16. May 2018 at 15:31
    Hi Neel,

The DESFire native datasheet is NDA classified. But you can do a lot with the public ISO commands:

– INS code ‘A4’ SELECT
    – INS code ‘B0’ READ BINARY
    – INS code ‘D6’ UPDATE BINARY
    – INS code ‘B2’ READ RECORDS
    – INS code ‘E2’ APPEND RECORD
    – INS code ‘84’ GET CHALLENGE
    – INS code ‘88’ INTERNAL AUTHENTICATE
    – INS code ‘82’ EXTERNAL AUTHENTICATE

You will find the information here:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MF3ICDX21_41_81_SDS.pdf

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

18. May 2018 at 7:17
    Hello,

I have access to the commands for DESFire but I don’t have a medium to send it to my PC/SC reader.

Is there an application that can send native commands? I'll choose the commands I want to send but want the software I can run on the computer for it.

Hope this clarifies my position.

Neel.
    + 0  |  - 0

24. May 2018 at 9:49
    Hi Neel,

PC/SC is a communication standard and implemented as API in desktop systems. If you want to avoid writing your own software, you can use the Global Platform Shell. It is free. Please check the links below:

GPShell Wiki:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/globalplatform/wiki/GPShell/

GPShell Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/globalplatform/files/GPShell/

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

28. May 2018 at 10:38
    Hello,

Does the GPShell support sending of native commands?

We already have a software that we use to send the ISO7816-4 compliant APDU commands. So that is not a problem at all. What we don't have is the software to send Native commands.

Let me know.

Neel.
    + 0  |  - 0

28. May 2018 at 13:45
    Hi Neel,

“Native commands” are a command set for the MIFARE DESFire. The DESFire also accept the “ISO 7416 command set”. If you can communicate with the card, then you can send native commands or ISO commands to the card. There is no “special software” needed.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 1

17. September 2023 at 22:36
    Please, need an urgent support
    how can I communicate with mifare sam av2 using .net
    + 0  |  - 0

17. January 2024 at 18:52
    You must be thinking why you should ask us to take my GED test for me . Here are the following benefits that you shouldn’t overlook. Our take my GED test online service helps you to score above 150+ in GED, which allows greater eligibility for college admissions, financial aid, job programs, military recruitment, and more. Our service offers a reliable solution for individuals who are facing challenges in their GED preparation, such as time constraints, difficulty grasping certain subjects, or lack of confidence in test-taking skills. By entrusting your GED exam to our qualified experts, you can focus on other important aspects of your life while ensuring that you achieve the score you desire.

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.