MIFARE Plus ev1 Mixed Mode

Forum / MIFARE SDK / MIFARE Plus ev1 Mixed Mode

• 9. November 2017 at 15:58
    Hi,

I'm in a project with MIFARE Plus ev1 in mixed mode because we need back compatibility with MIFARE Classic readers.

I take the sample code and test with several cards and I've have some problems:

-----------CODE----------

private void cardLogic( final Intent intent )
    {
    //Logical instructions

CardType cardType = m_libInstance.getCardType((intent));
    Log.i(TAG, "Card Type Found: " + cardType.getTagName());

if ((CardType.PlusEV1SL1 == cardType) || (CardType.PlusSL1 == cardType))
    {
    IPlusEV1SL1 objMPLUSEv1SL1 = PlusSL1Factory.getInstance().getPlusEV1SL1(m_libInstance.getCustomModules());

try{
    if (! objMPLUSEv1SL1.getReader().isConnected())
    {
    objMPLUSEv1SL1.getReader().connect();

-------------------------------

The first problem is that the card type I received is PlusSL1 and I expect PlusEV1SL1.

The second problem is that when I try to execute the connect it fails.

The third problem and this problem is the same that I have with the "TapLinx Sample Application" is that after I try to red the card, it go into a disable state and we need 5 min to work with the card again. I don't know what is the problem with the library, because when we try to uso NfcA Android library I didn't have this problems.

Finally, my objective is to put the card in L4 (activateLayer4() command). After that, I'll try to use (getSL3SectorHelper() command) to obtain the new objet in L3, and after that, I'lll try to authenticate with AES and send read and write commands.

Any idea to solve my problems??

Thanks in advance,
    Francisco.
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: MIFARE Plus ev1 Mixed Mode

16. November 2017 at 14:03
    Hi Franciso,

As my reponse to

https://www.mifare.net/support/forum/topic/android-problems-mifare-plus-ev1-mixed-mode/

I am currently investigate the issue with the MIFARE Plus EV1. I come back when I have results.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: MIFARE Plus ev1 Mixed Mode

20. November 2017 at 13:04
    Hi Francisco,

I have heard from my colleagues that there is already a “task force” to check and investigate the MIFARE Plus EV1 behavior in mixed mode, which communicate with you directly.

For the public audience I summarize my investigations. The MIFARE Plus EV1 in mixed mode is detected as “MIFARE Classic compliant” tag. This means in particular, on phones which does not support a MIFARE Classic the MIFARE Plus EV1 in mixed mode is not supported! On phones which support a MIFARE Classic, the MIFARE Plus EV1 in mixed mode is supported in SL1.

At the moment I do not see a way to “leverage” an established SL1 connection into SL3. This control is handled inside of the middleware or of the Android system libraries which cannot be changed from outside, means from user software.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.