Mifare Dual Interface

• 27. January 2017 at 2:22
    I have an application that uses Desfire Ev1 as a Contactless payment card. I have a request to have the card both as contact and contactless. I am looking for a dual interface Desfire card. Is there any interface that would allow NFC Desfire and java card interface.

If not Desfire, what other class of Mifare cared that is secured that would allow dual Interface with Shareable object.

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: Mifare Dual Interface

27. January 2017 at 10:19
    Hi Onyekachi,

The MIFARE DESFire EV1/EV2 is a contactless card. There is no “dual use card” available (as I know).

Regards,
    The TapLinx Team
    + 0  |  - 0

31. January 2017 at 21:18
    How about J3D081? I believe that is one of the SmartCards. NXP.J3D081 Dual Interface with P5CD081

+ 0  |  - 0

1. February 2017 at 9:08
    Hi Onyekachi,

You are talking about our JCOP Smartcard products. This can have a contact and a contactless interface. But this is not a MIFARE DESFire card!

The JCOP Smartcards are programmed by customers in Java. So you can implement your own payment applet on a JCOP card.

Regards,
    The TapLinx Team
    + 0  |  - 0

1. February 2017 at 12:57
    Thank you for your immediate response.

I guess what I am having problem wrapping my head around is that, according to the spec for NXP.J3D081, the J3D081 Contactless interface emulates MIFARE DESFire EV1 8K (See attachment). My assumption becomes that this card which is a dual interface, shares the same object between the Contact ISO/IEC 7816 specification and the Contactless ISO/IEC 14443 A specification.

I have customers that wants their application to support the 2 specifications and I am of the believe that this NXP.J3D081 Dual Interface with P5CD081 chip is the solution that provide both interfaces.

I know the JCOP is a marketing name, but it seems this card has the SmartMX chip. Please see the attachment and let me know if my assumptions are unfounded

http://www.nxp.com/documents/leaflet/75017515.pdf

https://www.motechno.com/uploads/media/J3D081-JCOP2.4.2.pdf
    + 0  |  - 0

6. February 2017 at 15:39
    Hello Onyekachi,

SmartMX secure products are not sold to single persons.

Via this distributor you can get JCOP Smartcards:

http://www.advanide.com/contact/

Regards,
    The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

7. February 2017 at 3:42
    Please my question is not about where you can buy it from, rather to understand what the meaning of the world Emulation means. When it says the card Emulates Desfire EV1, does that mean that you can programme is as Desfire EV1
    + 0  |  - 0

7. February 2017 at 9:03
    Hello Onyekachi,

Some JCOP cards support MIFARE in the way that parts of the MIFARE hardware are also present on the JCOP die. There must be a special applet available to activate the MIFARE part on the JCOP card. This was released as MIFARE4Mobile version 1.0.1. But nowadays version 1.0.1 is obsolete and replaced with version 2.1.1.

The link from my previous post is a good advice, because here you get information about the suitable JCOP solution and you can get samples.

Regards,
    The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.