Mifare DESFIRE EV1 Authentication Requirements

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Mifare DESFIRE EV1 Authentication Requirements

• 14. November 2018 at 11:12
    Hello,

I tried to authenticate using two different android devices to read an Mifare DESFIRE EV1 (AES Encrypted).

First Device
    Model : Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017)
    Android Version : 8.0

With this device, I can see the information of the card (hardware version, software version ...). Then I can select Application ID. When I send the Authentication Start command (AA), the card sends me the RndB key.

Second Device
    Model : Zebra TC70
    Android Version : 5.1

With this device, I can see information such as information about the card (hardware version, software version ...). Then I can select Application ID. But when I send the Authentication Start command (AA), the program returns an error.

Both devices use the standard Android.NFC library. What is the reason a device has failed in this command? What does a device need to be able to authenticate with Desfire EV1?

Another question is whether SAM is required for Desfire EV1 authentication? I can authenticate the card with the Samsung Galaxy A3. Does this mean SAM is found in this device?

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: Mifare DESFIRE EV1 Authentication Requirements

20. November 2018 at 15:56
    Hi Barış,

The authentication method you use must fit to cipher of the key. If you start an AuthenticateAES to a 2K3DES key, you will get an error. OK, let assume the key fits to your authentication method.

For me it seems as a “middleware issue”. Please take in mind, the NFC middleware must be implemented by the company behind the “Zebra TC70” or the Android AOSP source used for Zebra TC70.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

30. November 2018 at 5:58
    May i know does Mifare Desfire EV1 have sample coding in Java, python programming?
    Linux library download...

Kenny
    + 0  |  - 0

3. December 2018 at 9:24
    Hi Kenny,

TapLinx Android SDK is available. It is a Java library.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.