Mifare classic with crypto1 for ST25

Forum / MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s / Mifare classic with crypto1 for ST25

• 18. October 2018 at 12:45
    Hi there,
    I am new to work on NFC and I have to read Mifare classic 1k and I already have an NFC reader, but it's not supported crypto1 so I need a software library for that, I am using the st25R3911B-Disco board as an NFC reader. Can anyone help me to read Mifare classic with this reader.
    Thanks in advance

+ 1  |  - 0

Re: Mifare classic with crypto1 for ST25

18. October 2018 at 16:37
    Hi Huzaifa,

The MIFARE Classic uses a proprietary cipher which must be implemented by the reader manufacturer. You should check the user manual for your reader how the MIFARE Classic is supported.

The TapLinx team

+ 1  |  - 0

20. October 2018 at 5:56
    Thanks for your instant reply @TapLinx
    I will look forward with your suggestion and inform you if stuck somewhere.
    Thank again!
    + 0  |  - 0

20. October 2018 at 6:21
    Hello @TapLinx
    My work is related to maintain crypto 1 through software implementation because i'm working on st25R3911B which doesn't have crypto engine on chip,
    So i would like to implement and maintain it using software.
    Do you have any idea about the SDK related to it or else can you please guide me on proper way.
    Thanks in advance!
    THIS THINGS I ALREADY MENTIONED IN MY ACTUAL POST.
    + 0  |  - 0

22. October 2018 at 10:12
    Hi Huzaifa,

Sorry, but you cannot reimplement the Crypto1 cipher. It is protected by law and can be used only for third party manufacturers with a license agreement with NXP.

The TapLinx team
    + 2  |  - 0

22. October 2018 at 11:36
    Hello @TapLinx
    Thanks for your reply, i understand what you trying to say.
    Is there any other way by which we can perform same task which is related to authentication of key(s).
    Thanks in advance!
    + 0  |  - 0

22. October 2018 at 11:55
    Hello @TapLinx
    I have few doubts regarding the agreement as you mentioned in your last post which is related to NXP(s) protocol,like if i'm ready to purchase the licence from the NXP so what is the procedure i have to follow and from where i have to take this (any link or documents related to it).
    Thanks in advance!
    + 0  |  - 0

23. October 2018 at 8:53
    Hi Huzaifa,

I do not see for all the effort the benefit at the end, sorry. For me it is easier to use a different NFC reader IC which contains all the Crypto1 cipher and let you focus to all the other stuff you must solve. If you need a price sensitive device I would recommend our “oldie”, the PN512:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/PN512.pdf

This device is used in many Arduino and Raspberry Pi projects. So, you will find easily driver software and examples. For me it helps you to push your implementation.

The TapLinx team
    + 1  |  - 0

5. November 2018 at 19:41
    Basically there are RFID chips called Mifare “Classic” which have the chip model number MF1 IC S50 for their 1k chip, and MF1 IC S70 for their 4k chip. The memory structure and security feature set of these “classic” chips are unique within the ISO14443A family of RFID and NFC tags.
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.