MIFARE Classic doubts about security and best way to use in an android app

Forum / MIFARE SmartCard IC`s / MIFARE Classic / MIFARE Classic doubts about security and best way to use in an android app

• 21. August 2018 at 13:48
    Hello, I'm totally new in this world, it's my first approach to rfid and nfc development. I have made some research because I was decided to use MIFARE Classic 1K for my development. I have find some information about classic 1k weakness and as I have read it's perfectly possible to clone the chip including UID. My app it's very simple, I have the UID valid for my app on database, the app reads the chip and ask for UID and compare with the valid ones on db, then increase the fidelity points of the client. The problem is that a person can clone the card of a client my security based on UID is totally broken.

I have some doubts about:

1) Can I use MIFARE Classic 1K, but checking first manufacturer and then ask the chip for UID?
    2) It's worth it to use MIFARE Classic 1K EV1, if I don't need to store anything on the chip? Can be cloned?
    3) I need to use anything else than just check manufacturer and UID to ensure the validity of the chip on my app?

Thanks a lot

Looking forward to learn about this interesting new world..
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: MIFARE Classic doubts about security and best way to use in an android app

9. November 2019 at 15:11
    Support and mechanism are filled for the right use of the opponents for all terms. The skills are advanced for the use of the Analyzedu - essay writing service reviews for all room for people. The turn is filled for the attack upon the man. The range is divided into the themes for the pictures.
    + 0  |  - 0

10. December 2019 at 7:44
    Good Answer
    + 0  |  - 0

7. April 2022 at 10:56
    really good
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.