Mifare classic 1K card – Authentication failed with CL access timeout error

Forum / MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s / Mifare classic 1K card – Authentication failed with CL access timeout error

• 8. February 2023 at 13:57
    Hello,

I have an application where i am trying to read the Mifare Classic card data and the reader has IC-RC531 . In my application the first step is to perform card detection. Received valid SAK byte for classic and card detection is done. Next, i am trying to load the keys(keys for that particular campus cards which is of 6bytes) and is formatted to 12 bytes(based on the RC531 user manual). Load key is succeeded and trying to perform Authentication(CRYPTO1 Mifare Classic card authentication with the key in the internal key buffer). Tried authentication with Key A(0x61) and block number used is block 48 (sector 13, block 0).
    Authentication fails and returns error code - 0x83E5 which is CL_ACCESS_TIMEOUT. Need extensive support on this error and what needs to be done for successful authentication?
    Also is there any way to take dump of the memory of the classic card and check any valid data present in Block? Kindly do needful.

The mifare card i am using is valid and functional card which is verified with different reader.

LOGS:
    ============================================================
    SAK byte 0x8
    CSN len: 4
    CSN : 0xA6 0xCA 0x2 0x49
    AuthenKey : 0x** 0x** 0x** 0x** 0x** 0x** 0x** 0x** 0x** 0x** 0x** 0x**
    Load key ret: 0x0
    Load key done
    Auth ret: 0x83E5
    Auth failed
    Read block ret: 0x83E5
    Read failed
    ============================================================
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.