MFRC522 Problem

• 27. December 2014 at 3:37
    Hello, I just spent a few days trying to get an MFRC522 to work that I got from http://www.sainsmart.com/arduino/arduino-shields/wireless-shield/sainsmart-iic-mifare-rc522-rfid-module.html .

I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my reader for a while until I tried to read my transit card (MiFARE DESFIRE) and to my suprise it got the UID from it.

The reader came with S50 (MiFARE Classic 1k???) cards that don't appear to work. My Nexus 4 refuses to read them and does read the other cards I have.

Am I doing something wrong? All MiFARE cards should have readable UIDs correct?

There is a number printed on the card they sent me. 0000904903 013,52935
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: MFRC522 Problem

19. January 2015 at 14:10
    Dear Darkknight512,

usually for Arduino shields you get all necessary library software you need to program the shield.

If you want to communicate with MIFARE Classic cards you need a NFC reader which fulfill specifications for this card. Not all manufacturers fulfill the specs, e.g. the reader chip in the Nexus 4 doesn’t. To be always on the right side prefer readers with NXP chip sets.

Regards,
    MIFARE-Team
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: MFRC522 Problem

6. May 2015 at 21:24
    I am having an issue with my card reader as well. I am using an arduino uno. I have a Dump Sketch which compiles fine but when it start communicating it is like there isn't a version on the card reader. It says to be sure the reader is connected. it is correctly connected but it still will not work.

Any suggestions
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.