Looking for Reader for Ultralight EV1

Forum / MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s / Looking for Reader for Ultralight EV1

• 24. July 2020 at 13:09
    Hi!

I have ordered 750 Mifare Ultralight EV1 RFID cards. I would like to use these cards to log in to a tennis court booking system.
    Now I need a suitable card reader.
    That's why I ordered this reader: amazon.de/gp/product/B01LSZMREW/

The problem: The reader always reads a 10-digit number. That would not be a problem, but it sometimes reads the same number for different cards. The booking system therefore recognizes different cards as the same card, which of course leads to complications when logging in.

Is it correct that each of the 750 cards has a unique UID? So if I had a reader that simply reads this UID, it should read something different on every card, right. Can someone recommend such a reader to me?

I hope you can help me
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Looking for Reader for Ultralight EV1

24. July 2020 at 13:11
    Hi Felix,

Yes, each UID is unique. But I would NOT use the UID as criteria for identify a dedicated user! A UID can be easily manipulated.

For a MIFARE Ultralight EV1 I would write user information in the user memory space and protect the memory with a password. So, the reader must authenticate to the card and if this is successful, the card data can be read and identify the user.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.