How to Verify MiFare Plus EV1 is of MAD or not?

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / How to Verify MiFare Plus EV1 is of MAD or not?

• 18. January 2018 at 15:41
    I am using MiFare Plus EV1 2K card. In which, Sector00h to Sector0Fh are in security level 1 (SL1) and Sector10h to Sector1Fh are in security level 3 (SL3).
    I have written A0A1A2A3A4A5 as keyA in Sector00h and MAD IDs of sectors 00 to 0F.
    Also, I have written AES key A0A1A2A3A4A5A6A7A0A1A2A3A4A5A6A7 as KeyA (at 4020h block) in Sector10h and MAD IDs of sectors 10h to 1Fh. I am using RFIDDiscover 4.5.0.0 tool to read and write data in card. I can successfully read and write MAD and all other sectors.
    But, when I tap my card in NFC enabled android device to detect whether card is MAD enabled or not? I am only seeing MAD IDs in Sector00h and Data in Sectors 01h to 0Fh, I can't see MAD IDs in Sector10h and data in sectors 11h to 1Fh. Please help me how to detect card is MAD enabled or not? Screenshot attached.
    NFC TagInfo 1.12a Android Application used (MiFare Plus EV1 detected as MiFare Classic 1K)
    NXP Info 4.23 Android Application used (Detected card as MiFare Plus EV1, but MAD sector10h and onwards not shown)
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: How to Verify MiFare Plus EV1 is of MAD or not?

22. January 2018 at 16:43
    Hi Tithi,

MAD is a MIFARE Classic protocol, and as such, readers (be it mobile or otherwise), will use MIFARE Classic commands to try to read the blocks.

If sector 10h to 1Fh are on SL3, no commands MIFARE Classic commands will be executed on that level, they will be rejected. So your mobile phone is correct when is stating that MAD is “not enabled”.

If you want to address the data in sectors 10h to 1F with SL3 commands and keep the data accessible with MAD, my advice would be to use SL1SL3 mixed mode in those sectors.

Regards,
    The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: How to Verify MiFare Plus EV1 is of MAD or not?

23. January 2018 at 13:19
    Hello TapLinx Team,

Thank you so much for your reply.

But, our specific requirement is to use SL3 Mode only with MAD in sectors 10h to 1Fh.

Is there any other way to verify SL3 MAD sectors in android application or RDIDDiscover tool?

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.