How can I achieve 1 time or 2 time use logic?

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / How can I achieve 1 time or 2 time use logic?

• 11. March 2016 at 8:29
    In my example I have 2 Mifarecard and 2 Customer. Each customer will use Mifarecard as pass-thru services.

Usage of First Customer: Only for Himself / Herself for every 6 Hours.
    Usage of Second Customer: Himself / Herself and with or without 1 companion for every 6 Hours.

Now my question is how to design my logic? Should I use to write something on card to achieve this?

Kind Regards
    + 1  |  - 1

Re: How can I achieve 1 time or 2 time use logic?

11. March 2016 at 9:49
    Hi NTMS,

If you deal with time limited services there are two approaches: first you save the entry time on the card and check it if the user want go out. In this case you have to write each time on card but your reader stations can be independent from a central server. But if you have a central server where every user is logged you do not need to write to the card because it is logged on the central server.

Your smartcard architecture is interlaced with your server and reader architecture.

The MIFARE Team
    + 1  |  - 1

11. March 2016 at 10:32
    Hi @mifaresdk,

The customer can only show his card in enterance. There is no out. My quesiton was confusing. I mean; 1 services assign to a card A customer. And If customer try to get services for his/her companion the card must be decline for at least 6 hours or 24 hours.

So you mean in first time I have to write a entery date and time into the card. Than in a few second time If customer wants to use his/her card for companion the terminal will read the card enetery date and prosses the info. Than I should also write a usege into the card. So if the usege is 1 and date time is now terminal will decline second entery at the same time for his/her companion. Am I right?

Kind Regards
    + 1  |  - 1

11. March 2016 at 15:44
    Hi NTMS,

I do not know the system and infrastructure of your system. What I want to explain in my previous post is: if all reader stations are connected with a central server, the management is located at the server and the application on the card is used for verifying, here you have only a read from the card. But if all reader terminals are independent, you have to write the timestamp for the user and maybe for the companion to the card. It must be checked if the user wants to enter again. If you deal with writes you have to ensure the write operation of the timestamp is terminated properly and no “tear down” occurs.

Always bear in mind: the simpler a system, the less error prone and easier to maintain it is.

The MIFARE Team

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.