How to authenticate Mifare Ultraglight C in Android

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / How to authenticate Mifare Ultraglight C in Android

• 27. November 2013 at 14:32
    How to authenticate Mifare Ultraglight C in Android? I don't know the authentication commands.

I just found NXP has developed "NFC taginfo by NXP" and "NFC TagWriter by NXP" applications on Android. Are they open source? Or could you please share the implementation of authentication to me. I need the authentication functionality in my android application for nfc Mifare Ultralight C. Thank you very much.

Android provides a MifareUltralight class to implement read and write operation.
    readPages --- command: 0x30, (byte) pageOffset
    writePage --- command: 0xA2, (byte) pageOffset, data

But there is no implementation for authentication. I have searched in google and stackoverflow, but there is no one telling me the commands in details. I have to ask NXP here. Please help.
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: How to authenticate Mifare Ultraglight C in Android

20. January 2016 at 14:26
    Hi paddyliu,

Authentication is required for encrypted communication and accessing encrypted content.
    The MIFARE UltraLight is NOT a high security product and therefore it does not support authentication in hardware.

If you are looking for a high security product I recommend the MIFARE DESFire which supports DES/TrippleDES with 56/128/168 bit and AES with 128 bit encryption in hardware.

Kind regards,
    The MIFARE Team

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.