Error – SAM without Antenna OR a faulty CL Reader, after upgrading RFIDDiscover

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Error – SAM without Antenna OR a faulty CL Reader, after upgrading RFIDDiscover

• 25. January 2019 at 16:25
    Using a PEGODA NXP reader RD710, with no changes in dipswitches and SAM and no previous erros, after upgrading the RFIDDiscover from version 4.3.0.0 to 4.5.0.0, the History shows the error "SAM without Antenna OR a faulty CL Reader" (and with versiona 4.3.0.0. works well). The software profile is opened with Contactless Reader Selection RD71x: NXP Pegoda S CL 0 0 and Contact Reader Selection (for SAM): NXP Pegoda S 0 0
    I'll very appreciate a help.
    Thank you.
    Claudio
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Error – SAM without Antenna OR a faulty CL Reader, after upgrading RFIDDiscover

29. January 2019 at 8:57
    Hi Claudio,

Please take in mind, you have to set the DIP switches inside of the Pegoda properly. It is explained in section 3 (Demo mode and DIP switch configuration of the Pegoda) of our AN:

AN10992 - Quick Startup Guide for RD710 .

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Error – SAM without Antenna OR a faulty CL Reader, after upgrading RFIDDiscover

29. January 2019 at 16:11
    Hi,
    I've verified that de DIP 1 is (and was) in 'ON' positio for SAM operation in S-MODE but the error persists.
    The same reader work well with 4.3.0.0 version of the RFIDDiscover Tool.
    I'll very appreciate any help.
    Thank you & regards
    + 0  |  - 0

1. February 2019 at 9:45
    Hi Claudio,

I got feedback from RFIDdiscover development team. This is a bug! The team is working to fix the issue. They will release a new version of RFIDdiscover. In the meantime, please use the previous version.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

7. February 2019 at 15:01
    Hi,
    Thank you. Yesterday the NXP RFIDDiscover team has published a new version (4.6.0.0) to fix the error mentioned here. I've test it with success.
    Claudio.
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.