Emulate Mifare Classic 1k

Forum / MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s / Emulate Mifare Classic 1k

• 12. July 2017 at 15:54
    Hi,

I want to use MIFARE technology to load cards up with bespoke data based on training and credentials, the problem i am having is getting something that can read the bespoke content remotely from a site or an office.

Can you please tell me how or if this can be done please, it would be appreciated.

Thank You.

J
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Emulate Mifare Classic 1k

28. July 2017 at 9:43
    Hi Tang,

In this forum we are talking about MIFARE tag and smartcard products, rather than NFC reader front ends. Please have a look here:

http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

2. August 2017 at 13:19
    Hi Jaz,

Sorry, but I do not understand what you want to do. Can you please give me an idea of your approach?

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

2. August 2017 at 15:38
    Hi

Basically we have workers who work on our construction sites, what we want to do is track their skills and information using the MIFARE cards, we can load the cards with the photo and logo on the face and with the software load with information like training completed and other specific things like driving licence type etc.

What we want to be able to do is then have handheld readers on site so the supervisors can read the card to see if the person has the relevant training or of he has any notes on the card which has been loaded by HR.

Then hopefully we can also timestamp when the card was checked and by which handheld reader?

Is this something you can help with?

Thanks
    + 0  |  - 0

2. August 2017 at 16:07
    Hi Jaz,

With MIFARE products you use usually small amount of data. Typically user name and IDs, time stamps, values in files for debits etc. The focus is high security and protect the credentials on the card.

MIFARE products are available in the range of 1K to 8K. This is too less to save pictures etc. The NFC is not fast enough to transmit this information in let say one second from the card to the reader. Please take in mind, a user tap the card one second to a reader and expect the access is granted (or not).

It is possible to save several information and keys on the card to allow different instances to use information without giving access to the whole implementation. For instance, a supervisor can be able to read special information which is not available for the normal user in its typical use-case.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

2. August 2017 at 16:09
    Hi,

What if we remove the need for pictures and just have words instead?

Would that work?
    + 0  |  - 0

3. August 2017 at 10:35
    Hi Jaz,

A typical scenario is to have badges with a printed picture and a name. This must be used visible and allows a visual inspection if the person wear the badge is the one on the picture. Let say the badge is a MIFARE DESFire EV1. Then the person wear the badge use it to open doors, pay in a canteen from the debit account on the badge and get unlocked on special machines or terminals.

The MIFARE DESFire EV1 is a security product which cannot be cloned nor be readout or written if the all applications on the card are protected with keys and use encrypted communication between card and reader. The MIFARE DESFire EV1 uses 2K3DES and 3KDES cipher for backward compatibility and AES128 cipher for all new applications. Writing security software could be tricky and a foolish mistake can compromise your whole system. Therefore you should ask experts to setup your security system and find the best solution between security effort and best usability.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

6. July 2018 at 20:35

X Y
    That "Secure element" or "trusted platform module" is often insecure and great target of cybercriminals (see Qualcomm TrustZone downgrade bug or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Platform_Module#Attacks). I don't see any point in restricting implementations to use some kind of proprietary trusted "secure" element. It just makes backup more difficult or annoying (just like implementing google recaptcha on your site - I had to solve it 4 times!). It should be up to me, user, to decide where to store any secure data and there should be simulators of these keys but sadly they made Android API too high-level. Corporations like Mifare would like to sell us some proprietary custom solutions and change tech every couple of years so that they can earn more $ every year. And that's the main point. Corporations are controlling users and users don't control nor own the hardware and software. And we are not even talking about patent war and patent trolls...
    + 0  |  - 0

10. July 2018 at 10:02
    Hi,

Unfortunately, I cannot say anything to Arduino tools or to tools from other sources. I would recommend going to the TIC forum for your questions for the 522:

http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

31. August 2023 at 11:24
    Dear Team,

Sorry for I'm joining this topic,
    but its already a couple of years passed, so my question is:

1) Do I understand right, that it is possible to emulate NFC card solution based on MiFare Classic with Vendor's support (known keys) on Android?

2) Or only on certain Android devices with an Additional hardware?

3) On iPHone?
    + 0  |  - 0

3. February 2024 at 10:07
    Not all smartphones with NFC can emulate MIFARE Classic cards. Emulation depends on the specific device's hardware and software capabilities. Check the device specifications and documentation for information on NFC features and card emulation support. Keep in mind that security concerns and legal considerations may influence support for MIFARE Classic card emulation.
    + 0  |  - 0

21. February 2024 at 8:47
    Wow! Your insights are so amazing. Can you share more details about this.
    + 0  |  - 0

26. February 2024 at 10:34
    Stepping into Style: A Tale of Midnight Glow, Tandur Grey, and Carbon Black!

I just had to share my recent backyard upgrade with the incredible Stepping Stones collection from Midnight Glow, Tandur Grey, and Carbon Black. 🌟 The Midnight Glow adds a magical touch, the Tandur Grey exudes sophistication, and the Carbon Black brings bold elegance. My garden has transformed into a haven of style! Installing these stones was a breeze, and the result is absolutely stunning. If you're looking to elevate your outdoor space, these Stepping Stones are a game-changer. Trust me, your garden will thank you!
    + 0  |  - 0

8. April 2024 at 4:12
    good
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.