Emulate Mifare Classic 1k

Forum / MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s / Emulate Mifare Classic 1k

• 1. June 2016 at 7:38
    Can we emulate Mifare Classic 1K with custom data using mobile phones which have NFC?
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Emulate Mifare Classic 1k

1. June 2016 at 13:34

Hi Ali,

For a secure implementation of a MIFARE product (Classic or DESFire) you need a combined NFC controller in your phone. “Combined” means a so called Secure Element connect with the NFC controller. NXP offer this combination as MIFARE4Mobile (M4M). You will find more information about M4M at this link .

The MIFARE Team
    + 0  |  - 0

5. June 2016 at 8:36
    So, would you say that Mifare Classic cards emulation in all mobile phones with NFC is possible?
    + 0  |  - 0

7. June 2016 at 9:19
    Hi Ali,

Mobile payment and ticketing is very important and it becomes more important in the future. What I want to explain is: the NFC solution have to be part of the operation system and have to be implemented in hardware as part of the NFC controller. This is called “Secure Element” and NXP offers of course silicon (a family of combined NFC controllers with Secure Elements) and the software architecture solution for such kind of approach.

You can image that security is the most important aspect which must be considered. This can never ever realized with a “simple app” which you load from the app store and enter your bank account into that app. Right?

Kind regards,
    The MIFARE Team
    + 0  |  - 0

6. September 2016 at 16:13
    Hi Ali,

Please have a look at this post:

questions on MIFARE4MOBILE

Kind regards,
    The MIFARE Team
    + 0  |  - 0

5. October 2016 at 15:59
    Is it possible to emulate Mifare card on Android 4.4+ using cloud -based security similar to how it used in VISA/MasterCard cloud-based contactless payments?

Thank you in advance,

Alexander Kapiy
    + 0  |  - 0

6. October 2016 at 9:07
    Hi Alexander,

As explained in the previous posts, what you call “card emulation” is available as embedded Secure Element (SE) as dedicated silicon chip. Usually combined with the NFC controller in the rear side of the phone.

There is no pure software product from NXP available like any phone emulation software or a cloud base solution.

Kind regards,
    The TapLinx Team

+ 0  |  - 0

16. March 2017 at 8:44
    Is there a list of phones that have this support?
    What are the NFC IC names that have the secure element?
    Does it work on any Nexus or HTC phone?
    Regards!
    + 0  |  - 0

16. March 2017 at 16:02
    Hi Filip,

No, such list does not exist. I know from manufacturers that they sell phones with different features for different markets, e.g.: US, Europe and Asia. All what you can do is to study very carefully the technical features of the phone you want to use.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

6. June 2017 at 16:04
    Hi!
    It is possible to emulate a Mifare Classic 1k without Secure Elements?
    + 0  |  - 0

7. June 2017 at 9:11
    Hi Andrea,

A secure product without a Secure Element is not secure.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

7. June 2017 at 9:32
    Yeah, I'm aware of it. But I would like to create an android app that emulate a mifare classic, in order to login to my print service. So I would not need of secure element. My question is only if is tecnically possible to exclude the secure element.
    Many Thanks!
    + 0  |  - 0

8. June 2017 at 8:39
    Hi Andrea,

You ask me, an employee of NXP, how can I fake a NXP secure product, how can I bypass the security mechanism and emulate in front of a reader a valid MIFARE Classic card with third party hardware. Yeah, a really nice approach!

The question of “technical possibility” does not help here. If you ask, is it possible to break a cipher with a 2048 bit key, then the answer is yes (if you have time and the technical equipment). But is it also possible for Andrea Gasparini, then the answer is probably no.

Sorry that I cannot help you.
    The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 1

8. June 2017 at 9:56
    Dear Support,
    what is possible for Andrea Gasparini is not your problem. I didn't ask you "how", but only if is it possible. And not because I want to do it, but to get an official answer.
    May I say that a Serious support should not suppose the capabilities of people who ask, eve if the questions ara "bizarre", but to respond professionally and seriously.

Thanks for support.
    + 0  |  - 0

12. July 2017 at 15:22
    hi,
    i am asking about the RIFD MC522 because i have some questions and problems on that
    if you know this tool on arduino,
    would you like to give the code of RIFD?
    because i can find the code and the programme did't work.
    please help

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.