DESFire – Memory required by files

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / DESFire – Memory required by files

• 3. August 2017 at 12:20
    Hello,

I need to create a card with one application and several files.
    At this moment I need to understand the memory size (2K, 4K, …) required for this card.

Is it possible have an estimation of the size required for one application and each file type (data file, record, cyclic, value/counter...)?

For example:
    1 application requires 192 bytes.
    1 data file with backup requires X bytes + Data Size.
    1 counter file requires 64 bytes.

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: DESFire – Memory required by files

7. August 2017 at 14:19
    Hi Hugo,

The “AN0945 MIFARE DESFire EV1 – Feature and Hints” has some memory calculations. But you should take in mind, maximal memory usage is not an important topic, because you will never put a big amount of data in a file on a MIFARE product. Reading and writing large amount of data will increase the reading and writing time in front of a reader!

The MIFARE DESFire EV1 supports the command FreeMem. You can always check how the memory is decreased after a previous command.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

9. August 2017 at 15:22
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Where i can find this document “AN0945 MIFARE DESFire EV1 – Feature and Hints”?
    I'm not able to find it on your support website.

Best regards,
    Hugo Bicho
    + 0  |  - 0

14. August 2017 at 9:48
    Hi Hugo,

No, you will not find it on our public pages. It is a NDA classified document like the functional datasheet of the MIFARE DESFire EV1.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 1
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.