DESFire EV1 tool for Windows

Forum / MIFARE SDK / DESFire EV1 tool for Windows

Tagged: 

• 24. December 2014 at 9:30
    Hi MIFARE team,

We are using DESFire card, I want a tool on Windows to format card, update master key, app ID, and application ID. Do you support this tool? Where can I download it?

An other question:
    Is there any way to read/write card without master key? just app ID and app key is required.
    Thanks very much!
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: DESFire EV1 tool for Windows

20. January 2016 at 14:47
    Hi wisekey,

If you have a NFC reader you can manage the DESFire even with a simple APDU-shell. IIn this case you have to enter all commands as APDU sequences. If you have an Android phone you can download the TagWrite from Google Play for free to get access to the card. You can also write your own program with the MIFARE SDK for Android to manage the card.

If you are want to use desktop systems I recommend to use the PC/SC interface with is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.

The MIFARE SDK Lite:
    https://www.mifare.net/en/products/tools/mifare-sdk/mifare-sdk-lite

Kind regards,
    The MIFARE Team
    + 0  |  - 0

7. December 2023 at 11:32
    Hi there! I encountered a similar challenge with a website. To address this, I recommend using the MIFARE DESFire EV2 Card Tool, available for Windows.

It facilitates card formatting and key updates. Unfortunately, the master key is essential for security, and reading/writing without it could compromise data integrity.
    + 0  |  - 0

2. January 2024 at 11:48
    Ok
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.