Desfire ChangeKeyEV2 using a Mifare SAM AV2

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Desfire ChangeKeyEV2 using a Mifare SAM AV2

• 31. January 2018 at 18:16
    I'm trying to load access keys on KeySet 1 from a Desfire EV2 card using a SAM AV2, but I'm having some problems figuring out how this might be possible.

I’m able to perform successfully the AuthenticateEV2First using the card and SAM (with an OfflineCrypto key) and the InitializeKetSet command.
    At this point was expected use the ChangeKeyEV2 to change the keyset keys, but when I try to execute SAM_ChangeKeyPicc to obtain the cryptogram, the SAM returns the error 0x6985 (Conditions of use not satisfied).

Can you confirm that it is not possible do such type of operation using the SAM AV2, at least in same mode, where we can change a Picc key using the ChangeKey (ev1 mode)?

How can I change a KetSet key of a Desfire EV2 using a SAM EV2?
    The keys stored into the SAM EV2 must have some recommended configuration?

Thanks
    Hugo
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Desfire ChangeKeyEV2 using a Mifare SAM AV2

5. February 2018 at 11:06
    Hi Hugo,

I recommend to read the application note: “AN3656 – Use of MIFARE SAM AV2 for MIFARE DESFire EV2 extended features”. It is available via our DocStore portal.

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: Desfire ChangeKeyEV2 using a Mifare SAM AV2

5. February 2018 at 17:06
    I have this document and it was through him that I was able to authenticate the DESFire card using SAM AV2 (using an OfflineCrypto key).
    However, I did not find any reference how to load the security keys stored in the SAM into the card. Can you tell me which page can I find it?

Thanks,
    Hugo
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.