Delay or avoid internet connection requirement

Forum / MIFARE SDK / Delay or avoid internet connection requirement

Tagged: 

• 18. August 2015 at 22:04
    Hi!

We are going to install apps developed with the Lite library to a few devices (~5), but we won't have access to an internet connection at the time of installation.

Is there any way to postpone the activation or have a pre-activated lib?

Thanks.
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Delay or avoid internet connection requirement

19. August 2015 at 8:55
    Hi,

the registering should be transparent for you. It will take place when an internet connection is available.

Kind regards,
    The MIFARE Team

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: Delay or avoid internet connection requirement

19. August 2015 at 12:01
    Hey,

From what I know, the above answer is not really correct.

When a user will use your Android App that has imported the nxpnfcliblite inside it, the user will be prompted to register the App with one-time only activation (which requires internet connection, with this one we track the usage of LITE version in the field - for the statistics of SDK Lite downloads / usages in app).

Currently there is no possible way to delay this or to have a pre-activated lib, but in future some solutions might pop-up to remove the warning messages / pre-activate the lib. If you control the 5 devices you mention, you could run the App once with internet connection and then put in the field - that way you have your app registered and will work without warning. If you do not have control of the devices that will use your App, then unfortunately the only way to go is to activate it once with Internet Connection.

Hope I could explain it well for you, if I'm mistaken, please correct me.

Best,
    David
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.