Creating NFC Android App to act as MIFARE card to interact with MIFARE readers

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Creating NFC Android App to act as MIFARE card to interact with MIFARE readers

• 10. June 2015 at 0:30
    Is it possible to create an NFC Android app that acts as a MIFARE card to interact with MIFARE readers? I believe this is Host Card Emulation and is apparently not supported by the MIFARE SDK. Is there some other means? One that is officially supported by NXP/MIFARE? Thanks.
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Creating NFC Android App to act as MIFARE card to interact with MIFARE readers

18. August 2015 at 18:25
    Hi Andrew,

Yes its possible. Here is a very good example https://github.com/grundid/host-card-emulation-sample which will write to you "Hello Desktop!" The App emulates a MIFARE card with this AID 0xF0, 0x01, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05, 0x06 You should make your self familiar with the HCE code.

In the other side you should have an NFC reader (in your case MIFARE NFC) which will be looking for the same AID as in the HCE App. Normally you should send this cmd to the Android phone from your reader after you have brought the two devices close enough 0x00 [CLA], 0xA4 [INS], 0x04, 0x00, 0x07 [Lc], 0xF0, 0x01, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05, 0x06, 0x00 [Le]

Kind regards,
    Adnan
    + 1  |  - 0

Re: Creating NFC Android App to act as MIFARE card to interact with MIFARE readers

18. August 2015 at 18:27
    Sorry,

Might write the message in ASCII like: 48656C6C6F204465736B746F7021

Kind regards,
    Adnan
    + 0  |  - 0

25. August 2015 at 22:04
    I am trying to emulate the DESfire MiFare protocol. So is that possible? When talking to MiFare/NXP, I was told it was not possible. Has something changed?
    + 0  |  - 0

19. November 2016 at 15:35
    Hi AdnanM,

Thank you for your suggestion.

So, to emulate a Mifare Ultralight Card with Android Phone is enough to send card data with that sample application?
    + 0  |  - 0

29. September 2018 at 8:07
    Hello,

Can I use Taplinx SDK to emulate Mifare Classic Card?
    + 0  |  - 0

2. October 2018 at 9:43
    Hi Plamen,

No, you cannot.

Sorry,
    The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

26. June 2019 at 6:58
    I had proxmark a couple of years ago and then I created multiple emulation codes for my projects, Any possible ways to emulate MIFARE protocols using Android HCE? I've found the discussion confirming that emulation of MIFARE Classic is quite possible, the only thing - it's possible via the Embedded Secure Element within NXP's NFC chip.
    + 0  |  - 0

26. June 2019 at 7:00
    Any experience with the Embedded Secure Element within NXP's NFC chip? I found also this thread on Stackoverflow:
    How well does the Android NFC API support Mifare Desfire protocol to do my essay tasks?
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.