Create valet application with MIFARE DESfire EV2.

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Create valet application with MIFARE DESfire EV2.

• 24. July 2018 at 9:22

I have evaluated following NXP tools to develop sample application with MIFARE DESfire EV2 card
    - RFID Discover v4.5.0.0
    - NXP TagExplorer
    - NXP Cockpit

None of those tools can help me to create a valet application with a high level of abstraction.
    is there any tool available to develop sample valet application and work with DESfire EV2 card or any suggestions?
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Create valet application with MIFARE DESfire EV2.

25. July 2018 at 8:38
    Hi Vasishth

The RFIDdiscover can create and manage each application and files you want on MIFARE DESFire cards. But using RFIDdiscover, you need some knowledge of the card architecture. Otherwise you will be stuck.

The MIFARE DESFire is a security product, therefore you need to understand something about ciphers, authentication and encryption. It doesn’t work like a simple USB stick, write data to it and read it back.

If you are able to write software, you can easily create a simple “application” and files on the DESFire with the Android SDK TapLinx. For more information about TapLinx, please visit the link below.

https://www.mifare.net/en/products/tools/taplinx/

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

27. July 2018 at 9:03
    Thanks for reply

TapLinx is a good tool to develop NFC applications on smartphones platform, I have evaluated a sample application with it too.
    but currently, my focus is to prove some concepts concern with high secure valet application based on RFID Discover tool(NDA) with DESFire EV2.
    so, before we get supported readers(e.g Pegoda CLRD710) RFIDDiscover on launch "Get available readers" menu options is available to simulate application with RFIDDiscover. how can I simulate application with RFIDDiscovery? RFID discover user manual is based on reader tool only, so is there any document to guide simulate application?
    + 0  |  - 0

30. July 2018 at 8:54
    Hi Vasishth

RFIDdiscover works well with the NXP Pegoda reader, because it is a “tool for engineers” and not an end-user product.

TapLinx is an approach for Android, but you can use also the PC/SC interface on PCs if you are willing to write your own program. The benefit is, you can connect all commercially available contact and contactless readers via USB port. The PC/SC is a defacto standard for all programming languages.

To your question. With RFIDdiscover you create a new application, select this application and create files in it. You need to set the appropriate permissions and capabilities while creating. On a Smartcard, a file has a dedicated size and permissions. Next, you can write data to the files.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.